It has been a whirlwind of a month! I haven't posted in weeks and I know I am posting something creative on the wrong day, but I'm doing it anyway. I know... I'm such a rebel. <grin>
This is the second installment of my series of poems on the Attributes of God.
I hope you enjoy...
Beacon
With suffocating darkness all around
these cries for help are muffled by the din
and not one scream released will make a sound.
This voice is tethered by the weight of sin.
A sadness floods the soul that is now bound
as evil grips the heart that beats within.
While tortured flesh seeks refuge not yet found
relentless claws of death keep digging in.
No strength remains to wage this war alone,
so spirit calls to Spirit for release.
A light appears exposing the unknown
to chase away the shadows with His peace.
Now letting go, the child resigns the fight,
directed by the Beacon out of night.
Copyright © 2012 Mary Grace Wallace
No comments:
Post a Comment