Friday, July 20, 2012

Look Inside

My church is doing a series on family right now. It is called Rx for a Fractured Family. It really has me thinking about how important it is to keep Jesus at the center of our homes.

This series reminded me of a poem I wrote in 2010 called Look Inside...

I hope you enjoy it.

Look Inside 

Our dress is not lavish.
We do not wear gold.
Our hair doesn’t shine
like others, I’m told.

Our home is quite modest.
Our car shows its wear.
Our lawn is not perfect
like others out there.

Our paintings are simple.
Our kitchen’s a mess.
No silver to polish
like others, I guess.

But our bibles are worn
and stained from our tears,
from hours of reading
and prayers through the years.

Our dining room table
to others seems bland,
but our food we still bless
as we sit hand in hand.

Take a look past the dirt
of old window panes…
See a family that loves;
over whom Jesus Reigns.

Copyright © 2010 Mary Grace Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment