Soon I will be going back to work.
I feel like there are a million things to do before that happens! I see my house and I want to get it completely clean before I am gone for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
It makes me wonder why I didn’t do this before now. I have been home for about a year, and not once have I felt the urgency to get cleaning like I’m feeling this week. So, I will be spending the next few days making sure my home is in order…
I think this a good wake up call for me. What other things in life am I putting off until the last minute? What about my spiritual life? Am I waiting until the last minute to get my house in order?
On Sunday, my pastor was talking about our bodies, and how God sees them. It’s no secret I’ve been overweight for years, and recently I have begun to do something about it. I’m actually worried less about the way I look, and more about my health for the first time in my life. But why did I wait so long? Why did I wait until I had my gall bladder removed before I started paying attention to my health and what I was eating and how much exercise I was getting?
I need to stop waiting and start doing…. I will not wait for the perfect moment to invite my friend or neighbor to church, I will do it. I will not wait to start my daily quiet time and bible reading each morning, I will do it. I will not wait for the perfect weather before I start my jog, I will just do it…
You get the idea. I have a lot of things I just need to start doing. What about you? What have you been putting off that you just need to start doing?
I pray that today we will all be reminded that life is short… Let’s not waste it!
No comments:
Post a Comment