It's times like these I wish I was more proficient on an instrument and writing music.
Here are lyrics just waiting for a tune. Poetry is my normal mode of creativity but every once in a while song lyrics come out instead of poetry. I hope you enjoy... these words come from the heart.
RUNAWAY
This scene is so familiar
and my heart just skipped a beat.
Can't stop my mind from reeling,
tying laces on my feet.
Deja Vu is haunting me
with the sun now at my back,
casting shadows that are reaching
to the pathway down the track.
I want to run, run, runaway
for this pain put out my light.
I want to run, run, runaway;
there's no strength in me to fight.
I want to run, run, runaway.
It's too hard to live apart,
and if I choose the road more traveled
I can runaway...
Runaway from my heart.
With my body poised and ready
to let go of all I know,
something deep inside is stirring
and it will not let me go.
Holy Spirit, You are calling me
to turn and face the Son.
With a promise of much better days
which can be found in only One... but...
I want to run, run, runaway
for this pain put out my light.
I want to run, run, runaway;
there's no strength in me to fight.
I want to run, run, runaway.
It's too hard to live apart
and if I choose the road more traveled
I can runaway...
Runaway from my heart.
Oh, You are the light that cannot be denied.
You are the victory, You're fighting at my side.
You will never leave me here, we will never be apart.
You are the road less traveled bringing peace to my heart.
So I will run, run, runaway
from the doubt that's creeping in.
Yes, I will run, run, runaway
and let Your healing now begin.
Oh, I will run, run, runaway
from this death wrapped up in fear.
If I tune my ears to listen, Lord,
I can runaway...
Your voice is all I hear.
Jesus I will runaway...
Runaway with You.
No comments:
Post a Comment